Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blog 2. Icons Ideas


1. What does this Icon represent to you? Why?
2. Who and what was important to this Icon? Why?
3. How did this Icon become important in American culture?
4. How did this Icon become important to you?
5. Who and what did this Icon inspire?



Stephanie Meyer is the author of the Twilight series. In June 2, 2003 Stephanie woke up and remember a dream she had about a girl and a vampire. She wrote it down and soon it became a book. She had three more installments after twilight. When I read Twilight it open doors that i didn't know even existed. I had always though that reading was boring and after Twilight I started reading more because I thought it was interesting how you can go read and step into a different world that someone else invented and made up. I think that's interesting how one dream inspire her to make 4 books.


My mom has inspired me as a woman because she had showed me that a single woman can raise 3 girls. She came from Mexico when she was 17 years old with her mom (grandma). She didn’t know any English and then she met my dad. Then she had my sister and me and left school. After 6 or 7 years they divorced. She had to work full time and we had to move closer to my grandma so she could take care of us when my mom went to work. She sacrifice herself to provide for us, she pause her life for us. She enrolled me and my sister in Girl Scouts and she always volunteer to go to school field trips. Then she had my little sister. She had struggle a lot but that hasn’t stopped her. She has show me that even with a lot against her, she had the language barrier and people trying to put her down but that didn’t stop her. So many women around the the world had to go through that, so I think my mom is one of those people that don't let those people effect her. When my little sister was diagnose with Turner syndrome we were all sad and scare for my little sisters life but my mom was the one that kept us calm and told us that everything was going to be alright, she also took very good take care of my sister when she had her kidney taken out. She has kept us strong through and i Know that i can go with her for anything i need.



The Climb Miley Cyrus

The Clmb is song that has teach me that life is hard but you need to learn to deal with hurdles in life and not let it get it to you. It’s such an inspirational song that has taught and inspired me never to give up. The Climb is a song that was written for The Hannah Montana Movie in 2009, its one of the most emotional song I have heard because I think a lot of people can relate to it because its such common and simple emotion that everyone goes through almost on a daily base. For example last week I was in a situation that I wasn’t sure I was capable and had the strength to go through. But when I heard the song I made me cry and it made me realize that I’m strong. Thats the message anyone can figure out when the hear but really hear it and analysis it.

No comments:

Post a Comment