Sunday, June 13, 2010

Literary Reflections

If I could bring any character to college with me from one of the novels we have read this year it would be Chris McCandless from Into the Wild. I would like him to be one of my classmate and my roommate because I know that he was an extraordinary person and had very interesting views on life and lived by them.

He would have been an incredible and opinionated addition to class and discussions. He was already an educated man “you don’t have to worry about me. I have a college education. I’m not a destitute. I’m living like this by choice”. He shows the character he is, not caring about what society thinks it’s the way to live. In class you always wants to see other people opinion, and Chris would definitely show the other side.

Not a lot of people had come in my life and change my way or views in life (well mostly because I never had any) so having Chris there would had change because I would had someone that would actually be there hammering me to have an opinion and voice it out. He touched a lot of people with meeting them not that long One of the people that Chris met once her meeting “there was something fascinated about him… he was hungry to learn about things. Unlike most of us he was the sort of person who insisted on living in our beliefs.” they had just met one time and when she found out about his death it amazed how much it bother her.

No comments:

Post a Comment