Thursday, June 17, 2010

Writing Reflection

Explain one or more specific aspects of your writing that have improved this year. In this explanation, you must directly refer to at least two specific pieces of writing that you produced for this class. You may use any assignment, project, writing sample, draft, blog entry, etc. You should discuss the writing tips & strategies we studied, the processes & methods we used, the critiques & drafts we employed and the products we created (feel free to use these specific key terms to keep your reflection focused).

A specific aspect that I have improved was connecting my writing to current world or me. My civil war essay in my opinion was jut explaining the problem but never going further, for example I could have used the quotes in a way to connect it to more of the modern war and end it with my opinion to make it more personalized. A good example of a writing that I am proud that I achieved to connect with me was the nature writing because I connected all he did to me, I just reflective a lot more than in my first writing.

Describe one specific goal for your future writing. Your explanation of your goal(s) must include some or all of the following: writing samples from this year, writing strategies you have used in the past, writing strategies or techniques you would like to develop, examples from authors you respect, etc.

A writing goal I have is just making my writing high quality by using writing techniques I learned this year. A writing technique I would definitely use is use quantity to improve quality because this helped me with my Ampersand article. I used my Internship Photo Essay and just went from there to make a new and improve ARTICLE. This technique seems to help me a lot in other essays also, like in my Media Saves the Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment